The LGIT Human Resources Department provides not only our staff, but also our membership with a vast array of resources to help address their needs.
LGIT has three online training platforms, HR Compliance Solution (Zywave), The Online Campus (LocalGovU/Lexipol), and Legal & Liability Risk Management Institute (LLRMI), which offer a wide array of trainings applicable to any and all departments, including law enforcement.
To request access to the platforms:
In Person Training:
- - Civility in the Workplace: What it is, why it matters, and how to promote it in the workplace.
- First Amendment Audits - Training Request - How local governments and their employees can prepare for and handle this type of audit.
- Harassment in the Workplace - Training Request - How to recognize and eliminate unlawful harassment, including sexual harassment, in the workplace.
LGIT offers direct HR and employment law assistance, both from licensed attorneys, though LGIT's Employment Hotline, and through our own Human Resources Department. From second opinions of policy issues, to safe and correct employment terminations, the experts at LGIT can help!
- Build a Handbook (available on Zywave platform)
- Employment Law Hotline
- First Amendment Audits Online Presentation (available on Zywave platform )
- Harassment in the Workplace Online Presentation (available on Zywave platform )
- Print State and Federal Posters (available on Zywave platform )
- Zywave - Directions to access LGIT's online courses